If there’s one thing worthy of investing in, it’s books. A child that reads widely, goes far. As a child, I picked up my love for reading from a carton box of Enid Blyton books my cousin outgrew. There, I was invited to the imaginary world where gnomes and fairies played in tiny homes in the woods. I moved on to stalk Jessica and Elizabeth through Sweet Valley High until they grew up and attended Sweet Valley University earlier than I did.
My children are fortunate to be recipients of books from Pansing Distribution/Definitely Books. This is a compilation of a selection of books I’ve received from them so far. All the following books can be found in good bookstores in Singapore.
List of Stockists (non-exhaustive):
With our practical kitchen functioning well, the kids can now prepare their snacks without additional help. To complement their holistic kitchen experience, I’ve set up a wall nearby with E-Cloths for them to wipe up spills. I’ve been using the cloths to do quick wipe-downs and I like how it wipes off cleanly, leaving no trail or stickiness.
|100x finer than human hair, divided into 16 fibre filaments that are processed (higher absorption). 480,000 fibres per square CM||Flat weave (poorer absorption & cleaning properties)|
|Tightly woven so only an extremely small amount is shed during washes||Typical microfibre cloths with lesser density loses effectiveness quickly|
|No chemicals required – just use water||Cleaning chemicals required|
What I like about E-Cloth
- Lab-tested by Silliker Group, an independent lab. Proven to remove over 99.9% of bacteria including E.Coli, listeria and aspergillus
- Suitable for little hands or persons with sensitive skin. No gloves needed because you only need water.
- Reusable for up to 300 washes
- Dirt gets trapped in E-Cloth instead of getting pushed around surfaces. Low transfer rate. Wash in hot water to release trapped bacteria.
Eco-friendly or not?
- All fabrics shed and enter the waterways when laundered. An extremely negligible percentage is shed every time an e-cloth is washed.
- Friendlier compared to commercial cotton, which is the world’s most toxic crop due to the heavy use of pesticides. You can opt for organic cotton but it may not have the cleaning capabilities of an E-Cloth.
* E-Cloth does not contain silver. The purpose of silver is to prevent bacteria growth in a used cloth and only adds to the cost price. It was excluded as it does not affect the cleaning performance of the cloth.
There are other cleaning cloths but I chose E-Cloth for its relative affordability, straight business model and lab results that were conducted by an independent lab.
- Stay tuned for giveaways / group buys!