I had intended for the title of this post to be “2 Weeks with 2 under 2”. Ha. Ha. Ha. I tried.
This is how last month looked like for me:
1. Baby vomit. On my ratty T-shirt from last night. More baby vomit.
2. “Elise DON’T STEP ON DIDI!”
3. Laundry. More laundry.
4. Weary attempts to finish my meals whilst latching didi on one side and collecting milk from the other.
5. Going to the polyclinic every week to monitor didi’s jaundice levels.
6. Feeling like a puppet running on clockwork trying to reach the ultimate goal of having both kids fall asleep at the same time.
As with last time, I did without a confinement lady, opting for confinement catering and post natal massage. No time to waste accommodating another stranger. I chose to direct latch so there wasn’t anything a confinement lady could do that my dad couldn’t. He boiled red date tea and herbal bath packets, looked after Elise and even went to get more sanitary pads from the shop when mine ran out.
Speaking of my dad… he never ever wanted kids, much less grandchildren. Our home has transformed from a quiet, dull place when it was just the two of us. We didn’t have anything in common to talk about so we’d watch TV whilst sharing late night McDonalds suppers (McChicken meal, upsized). The house was full of clutter with mismatched furniture and nobody bothered to clean. Junk. Everywhere.
After my dad became a grandfather, it definitely has become much livelier. He discovered by chance that Didi quietens down to “Hickory Dickory Dock”, so the mouse has been running up the clock, tick tock, tick tock. Our house is also a lot brighter than it was before he stopped hoarding things.
How has Elise been coping with the new addition? She has been very doting towards her brother. We’ve seen her patting his head, kissing and hugging him when he cries. Yet when Grandpa carries him, it’s a “NO GONG GONG! DIDI DOWN! MINE!”. -_- As for me… I’m like a zombie running on 110% capacity. The nights are thankfully quiet but a momma never sleeps.